Friday, December 23, 2011

The Rules

On the heels of writing a longer set of stories with a common theme, I decided that (a) I'm a little bored and (b) I miss writing and sharing stories. So let's keep it going. "Chicago Fairytales" are the most interesting stories that have happened in the five or so years I've been living in the windy city. But before I begin, here are the rules:

(1) I will write and share these whenever I damn well feel like it. I make $0.00 doing this.

(2) My proofreading will be shit. Proofreading takes time and it's boring. The story is the important part. I will do just enough editing to get the point across and then let it fly. I am not incapable of doing a good job, I just choose not to.

(3) Funny stories do not happen to me every day. Posting one or two stories a week, I will run out of good ones sooner or later. Inevitably, when this occurs, I will post mediocre shit until I get frustrated and go on hiatus to build up more stories. Prepare yourself for that eventuality.

(4) The only way I advertise these is on Facebook. Friend me if you want to know, or subscribe.

(5) Like I said, the story is the important thing. I'm gonna write about whatever I've got. As long as it has a plot and is true(-ish), it's game.

There are far less rules than I thought there would be when I started this list.

OK, let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment